The Academy of European Law (ERA) offers continuing training of the highest standard to lawyers from across Europe. Our Scholarship Programme is designed to enable candidates to participate in seminars and courses on EU law who would not otherwise be able to afford the training. You can all find all relevant details here and more on the ERA Scholarship web site including our scholars from previous years. I am also happy to send you a PDF document that you can share with your legal networks.
With the generous support of the Friends of ERA and our other partners, ERA provides scholarships for lawyers, judges, prosecutors and officials from EU member states, candidate countries and potential candidates who otherwise could not afford to attend the events organised by ERA.
We are now accepting applications for scholarships to attend events until the end of September. Applications must be submitted at the latest two months (for face-to-face events) or one month (for online events) before the event. Please visit our website to view the ERA Summer Courses and other upcoming programmes in 2022.
Since the Scholarship Programme is funded entirely by generous individuals and corporate donations, we would be very pleased to hear from you if you were interested in supporting the programme.
For any prospective applicants, please read through the information below carefully before you begin your scholarship application.
- Scholarships are only granted for one event and in principle candidates who have already received a scholarship will not be re-awarded a grant.
- Scholarships do not apply to language courses.
- Applicants should not register for an event before obtaining a decision on their scholarship application.
- Applicants must submit an online application explaining how the course would be relevant for their legal practice and why they are unable to cover the costs of participating.
- Successful applicants will be asked to deliver a report on how they made use of the scholarship in their work.
- Deadline for applications:
- 1 month prior to the conference (for online events)
- 2 months prior to the conference (for face-to-face events)
Application Deadlines for the Summer Courses in 2022:
For face-to-face Summer Courses in June and July
Friday 8 April 2022
For online Summer Courses in June and July
Friday 3 June 2022
For face-to-face Summer Courses in September
Friday 1 July 2022